Thread: domainname.com and domainname.com/home.html

Default domainname.com and domainname.com/home.html

Hi everyone,

I've set up Assembly 21 as the website root. But that's not a page, that's just the name of the website and main address. So I can't add articles here.

I also created a home page, that in practise is the same as the above. And there I can add articles.

Once I navigate the menu, I click home page again, but I'm sent to www.assembly21.com/home.html. Where there's a fixed page published by the hosting company. Although I have something published there and not what I've published, that's in the .com page.

I'm just setting up the website, so I wan't to know if I'm doing something wrong or if this needs to be fixed somewhere else.

Would like to hear how to set this up.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Carolina; 05/21/2014 at 15:03.
    Carolina

Hi Carolina,

looks like the webpage "home.html" is the default HTML page from your hosting provider. It is located in the DocumentRoot. Connect with your webspace via FTP and rename this HTML file to "home.html.bak" (or something else) to disable it.

Then, I would suggest you that you rename the page alias of the home or index page (i.e. the first regular page in your site structure) to "index", so that Contao will not show the page alias in the URL.

Last edited by xchs; 05/21/2014 at 16:08.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

Rotes Gesicht

Great, thanks.
    Carolina