Thread: Meta description

User

Default Meta description

Something came to light which is causing me to have a cold sweat.

In site structure i can set the meta description for a 'page'.

But lets say i have a page, with a link to an article. This article, from where I am sat, opens in a new 'page'.

BUT, i can't set a description in the article, even though, looking at the source code, there is a description.

Now i could go and adjust this manually i guess, but is there a way to add descriptions within Contao to an article, as such.

For instance, in the backend, i can goto an article, goto the title are (where there is only the edit (pencil) and green plus icons and add a title, I would have thought that i would be able to add a separate description somewhere, but right now, that looks impossible.

A module exists perhaps?? I have not fond one yet.

Using Contao 2.11.11 BTW.

Many thanks in advance for any answers to this.

New user

Before writing meta description, make sure your meta description follows these rules as said by Matt Cutts here: http://techleaks.us/write-compelling...or-blog-posts/ . Sitewide meta description will not be unique, so take care of that, these are the points that are quoted from Matt Cutts.

Meta description for each page on your blog Must be unique (different).
    Instead of writing a duplicate meta description, leave the meta description tag empty.
    Meta description must contain your target keywords (They boost your rankings).
    Always try to write a compelling meta description for your visitors. Write for your visitors (never for search engines)
    Never try to stuff your meta description tag with your targeted keywords.
    Always keep the meta description tag complete and brief.