Thread: style.css

Default style.css

The site is not grabbing my CSS. I'm using Filezilla, saving in remote server, in assets/css, as styles-assembly21.css. But it's not using it. I also added the CSS in the layouts page/ expert settings/ additional head tags.
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/style-assembly21.css" type="text/css">

First I also had imported them to the page layout: Style Sheets, but now I've deleted them. And also deteled the import stylesheets from Themes/ CSS.

And went to maintenance and purged data there. What else can i check? Used different browsers.

I go to Firebug and see a stylesheet that I didn't create called style.css. What's that??? No changed to style-assembly21.css. With different code from mine.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Carolina; 05/30/2014 at 14:28.
    Carolina

User

It is just the wrong place. Contao writes the css from the database itself to assets.

So you have to use the intenal CSS Editor or you have to add the CSS over the PageLayout and change the source you add in the layout.

The right place to store a external css is the folder files.

Thats the reason why it not works

ps.
    it looks like you changed your post. you wrote you uploadet it with ftp to assets. This is not the right way.
    Last edited by ciaobello; 05/30/2014 at 14:10.

Rotes Gesicht

Thanks.
    Carolina

User

Did you see that there is a more complete contao Demo? Probably this helps you to see what is possible with contao?!

https://contao.org/en/extension-list...l_demo.de.html

Please be carfule if you install on server. Do it in a subfolder with a other Database. Otherwise you will delete your Work you have allready done. If you do it online also not forget to rename the backend admin k.jones and give a new password.