Thread: cPanel, Contao 3.2

New user

Default cPanel, Contao 3.2

Hi folks,
    I am a bit frustrated installing Contao 3.2 on a server hosted by Hostgator.
    After unzipping and copying the files to public_html/ the installation starts up just fine. I used the cPanel database wizard to create a database and assign a user to it.

The installation takes me to the point where I have to provide the database details. After having done so and clicking on "update database", however, the install script doesn't seem to be able to connect to the database although all parameters are checked and verfied. After a while, I get a Gateway timeout error message. The max_execution_time is set to 30 and won't be changed by Hostgator since I have a shared plan. After checking with phpadmin, all tables have been created.

Looking at the error_log reveals something else: it seems that there are some mismatches in components or library compilations. The error log is attached as pdf for those more savvy than I am.

BTW: The check tool stated everything OK without the need for Safe/Mode/Hack.

The weirdest thing is that I also get timout errors if I want to re-start the install process.

I should mention though, that my other domain (http://farbeyondrails.net) was also created using Contao (V 2.11) and is also hosted at Hostgator. never had any difficulties with that domain.

Is anybody else hosted at Hostgator and experienced similar difficulties, and maybe knows a work-around?

Thanks,
    Erhard
    Attached Files Attached Files

User

The max_execution_time is set to 30
    30seconds might be not enough to terminate the install process. So you get in to a timeout and your server gives you a error message.

A slow internet connection and overloaded server might cause this delay. What was enough for 2.11 is not working anymore for Contao3.2.

If your provider not updates the server environment, you might have to watch out for one who is Contao 3 compatible.

New user

Hmmm, I did some test installs with other CMS systems like Drupal, Joomla, Typo3, Pyro. They all installed flawlessly and they all are HTML5 compatible. They have one other thing in common, though: I don't want to work with them. Worked with Contao for years and don't really want to give it up.

And no, I don't look for another server because of above mentioned installs. Especially Typo3 is pretty complex and resource - hungry. If Typo3 works, so should Contao...

User

Ok then, just try it again.

Have you made the test with the contao-check tool? There you have a install routine too. It downloads contao as a zip and extracts it. Just check first if everything is green.

By the way, i allready used cpanel too to install contao. Can it be that you try to install contao with softaculous?

New user

Quote Originally Posted by ciaobello View Post
    Ok then, just try it again.

Have you made the test with the contao-check tool?
    Please read my original post.
    I am no newbie to Contao and its installation.

Does anybody else have any ideas?

User

Quote Originally Posted by your logfile
    [17-Jul-2014 08:15:35 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load
    dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-
    20060613/sqlite.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-
    20060613/sqlite.so: undefined symbol: third_arg_force_ref in Unknown on
    line 0
    Just check with your Hostgator ... it seams that there are serious problems with the hosting. If it not loads necessary libraries for php why do you belief it is a contao problem?

If you have shared Hosting it can also be, that there are not enough server resources left for everyone. And so if the server is to busy with shuffle around data it is normal that there are delays and Problems.

Btw. Cpanel has options to check the Servers recource. You could do this first on your own. Also check Log files about size. Backup them if needet locally and then delete them on the Server.

And your welcome that I try to help you (Sorry, my crystal ball is broken too see what's your knowledge level)