Thread: template error on index

New user

Frage template error on index

hello there im new and i copy a website from my boss to try making changes

but now on a other host i uploaded everything and installed database ect ect

now ik get this message

Code:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Could not find template "fe_basic" thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/TemplateLoader.php on line 127

#0 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Controller.php(74): Contao\TemplateLoader::getPath('fe_basic', 'xhtml')
    #1 system/modules/core/library/Contao/BaseTemplate.php(85): Contao\Controller::getTemplate('fe_basic', 'xhtml')
    #2 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Template.php(244): Contao\BaseTemplate->parse()
    #3 system/modules/core/classes/FrontendTemplate.php(46): Contao\Template->parse()
    #4 system/modules/core/classes/FrontendTemplate.php(81): Contao\FrontendTemplate->parse()
    #5 system/modules/core/pages/PageRegular.php(189): Contao\FrontendTemplate->output(true)
    #6 index.php(260): Contao\PageRegular->generate(Object(Contao\PageModel), true)
    #7 index.php(444): Index->run()
    #8 {main}
    how or what do i have to do to fix this

please someone ?

Hi !

Make sure you have fe_basic.xhtml and fe_basic.html5 in your templates folder ;-)

New user

Default re.

its just a copy of a working website ? so why do i have to have xhtml and html5 ? its just copied one on one ?

ftp screenshot of template folder
    http://prntscr.com/486h0l

where can i see if i have xhtml and html5 ?

im total new with this CMS so i dont now where i can find everything yet

Wow, you have .tpl files. I think this is an old website.

What is the version of your Contao ?

The error message shows that the running version is not very old.

I bet it's not a one on one copy. Something must be different else you have this error message in original too.

The template suffix depends on the html output set in page layouts html -> html5, xhtml -> xhtml

btw Did you run the install tool on new test domain and have you set up the new database? Have you checked your server config to be compatible with contao?
    https://contao.org/en/download.html
    https://contao.org/en/manual/3.3/ins...he-live-server
    https://contao.org/en/manual/3.3/ins...#manual-update
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

i have copied one on one by ftp download / upload to other server

i exported the database and import at the new one

i edit localconfig.php with the new database information

i run the installation tool

no the original website dont have this error

the original website is version:2.9.4

the copied one i have updated tot 3.3.4

In 3.3.4, The templates are in xhtml or html5 by default.

You have to go to the layouts in your back office, you will have a field "Output format", in HTML / XHTML Strict / XHTML Transitionnal.
    I think tpl format isn't used anymore. You have to convert your tpl files in xhtml or html5.
    Can Andreas confirm this ? I'm not sure about TPL compatilibity.

So I was right that it is not one on one. You did not tell about updating and no version information at all.

@Lupus

I don't know the behavior of .tpl as I don't use them anymore. But if there's a "Fatal error", he should rename the templates as you told. If he's providing an HTML5 output in FE he only needs .html5 templates.

ps html5 templates already exists in Contao 2.10.x
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Frage

i have copied one on one but after the failer i have updated it manual

but that didnt fix it so it was one on one

New user

Frage

thanks for all responds i have download the website again and uploaded again now it works but it doesnt look the same ?

original
    http://prntscr.com/4b2sb0

copy
    http://prntscr.com/4b2s62

i have exported the database by backup db extention and create a template backup

i have import de DB but if i want to import the template on install.php

i got this error ?

Code:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Query error: Duplicate entry '13' for key 'PRIMARY' (INSERT INTO `tl_article` (`id`, `pid`, `sorting`, `tstamp`, `title`, `alias`, `author`, `inColumn`, `keywords`, `showTeaser`, `teaserCssID`, `teaser`, `printable`, `cssID`, `space`, `published`, `start`, `stop`) VALUES ( 13, 2, 480, 1360931403, 'Blok Golf artikelen', 'blok-green-products', 1, 'main', 'golf, bal, pins, relatiegeschenken, giveaways, ', '', 'a:2:{i:0;s:0:"";i:1;s:0:"";}', NULL, '', 'a:2:{i:0;s:0:"";i:1;s:7:"blokken";}', 'a:2:{i:0;s:0:"";i:1;s:0:"";}', '', '', '' ); ) thrown in /home/vhosting/g/vhost0009424/domains/evinx.nl/htdocs/imhotep/system/libraries/Database.php on line 642

#0 /home/vhosting/g/vhost0009424/domains/evinx.nl/htdocs/imhotep/system/libraries/Database.php(589): Database_Statement->query()
    #1 /home/vhosting/g/vhost0009424/domains/evinx.nl/htdocs/imhotep/system/libraries/Database.php(164): Database_Statement->execute()
    #2 /home/vhosting/g/vhost0009424/domains/evinx.nl/htdocs/imhotep/contao/install.php(750): Database->execute('INSERT INTO `tl...')
    #3 /home/vhosting/g/vhost0009424/domains/evinx.nl/htdocs/imhotep/contao/install.php(1211): InstallTool->run()
    #4 {main}
    what can it be ?
    Last edited by evinx; 08/09/2014 at 13:16.

If you import your 2.9 Database, I don't think it is functionnal for 3.3.4 system.

The better thing to do is to recreate all the themes, layout and models.
    Then, you can connect the layouts (who are correct for current version) to your models, and check every connection with your files (css, js, fonts ...)