Thread: Google Analytics/Need Help

New user

Default Google Analytics/Need Help

Hi everybody,

I need help with google analytics. I've tried to set it up but I don't pretty much have a glue what I'm doing. But the things I have done so far:

1.Made an account in Google Analytics and got my Tracking ID and everything.
    2.Installed the Google Analytics from Extension Catalog
    3. And what would be the next step? I tried to create a template Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 15.20.00.png should I place the Google Analytics code there or should I do something else?

Thanks in advance!

Do you really want to track events, or just analyze the visits of your pages?

If you just want to analyze you don't need an extension. Simply create a copy of template analytics_google.html5, fill in your id at the right place and mark the checkbox in your page layout.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Do you really want to track events, or just analyze the visits of your pages?

If you just want to analyze you don't need an extension. Simply create a copy of template analytics_google.html5, fill in your id at the right place and mark the checkbox in your page layout.
    I would just like to analyse the visits of my page

And When creating a template if only offers me the mod_googleanalytics.html5 and I can't find a place where to fill in my ID?

And thanks for answering

Contao 3.3.5 only offers the analytics_google template, not mod_googleanalytics.html5. You have to fill in your ID only in line 6.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Contao 3.3.5 only offers the analytics_google template, not mod_googleanalytics.html5. You have to fill in your ID only in line 6.
    Thank you for answering. And sorry for the dumb questions but if should update the current Contao version to 3.3.5 will my site still stay the same or it will mess up everything?

In older versions there were moo_analytics templates but same procedure.

Yes, you will mess up everything.

No, not really. It depends on your version and on your installed extensions. But you should try your update only with a copy anyway.
    Amazon wishlist