Thread: Fatal error on update, Class 'Input' not found

New user

Default Fatal error on update, Class 'Input' not found

After trying to update from 2.9.5 to 3.3.6 I'm getting a fatal error, I've done several updates before and never had any issues so I'm not sure what went wrong this time. When I go to the /contao/install.php the page just comes up white with no messages. Here is what I'm getting in the error log:

[11-Nov-2014 12:59:54 America/Denver]
    PHP Warning: Class 'Contao\Input' not found in /home3/advocac1/public_html/workpays/system/modules/core/library/Contao/ClassLoader.php on line 168
    #0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'Class 'Contao\\I...', '/home3/advocac1...', 168, Array)
    #1 /home3/advocac1/public_html/workpays/system/modules/core/library/Contao/ClassLoader.php(168): class_alias('Contao\\Input', 'Input')
    #2 [internal function]: Contao\ClassLoader::load('Input')
    #3 /home3/advocac1/public_html/workpays/system/initialize.php(168): spl_autoload_call('Input')
    #4 /home3/advocac1/public_html/workpays/contao/install.php(24): require('/home3/advocac1...')
    #5 {main}

[11-Nov-2014 12:59:54 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Input' not found in /home3/advocac1/public_html/workpays/system/initialize.php on line 168

I ran the contao check tool and everything comes up fine. I tried to use the validate an existing installation button here, but it says my version 2.9.5 is not yet supported.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Daniel,

how did you do the update from 2.9.5 to 3.3.6? Manually or through the Live Update Service? It seems that there are some obsolete files left over from the previous installation. Make sure to remove these files.
    In particular, check if there still exists the file "system/constants.php" which is declared obsolete since it is located now in "system/config/constants.php". There still might be other leftovers which you had to remove. So, please check the installation thoroughly. After that, run the Contao check again and try to validate your new installation. Keep an eye for missing or corrupt files.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Thanks for the help, I did run it manually and there were left over files. I've removed the ones you mentioned and a few others. After this I was able to successfully run the check and it found a few corrupt files and a bunch of missing language files. I fixed all this as well. I was then able to run the install.php script, it did several of the database update steps, but now I am stuck on Run version 3.0 update - step 3. I've tried it 3 times and I keep getting different, but very similar errors. Any idea on these?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Query error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query (SELECT * FROM `INFORMATION_SCHEMA`.`COLUMNS` WHERE `TABLE_SCHEMA` LIKE 'advocac1_contao' AND `TABLE_NAME` LIKE 'tl_calendar_events') thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php on line 283
    #0 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(203): Contao\Database\Statement->query('SELECT * FROM `...')
    #1 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Mysql.php(142): Contao\Database->query('SELECT * FROM `...')
    #2 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(295): Contao\Database\Mysql->list_fields('tl_calendar_eve...')
    #3 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(316): Contao\Database->listFields('tl_calendar_eve...', true)
    #4 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Updater.php(738): Contao\Database->fieldExists('enclosure', 'tl_calendar_eve...', true)
    #5 contao/install.php(1048): Contao\Database\Updater->updateFileTreeFields()
    #6 contao/install.php(525): InstallTool->update300()
    #7 contao/install.php(186): InstallTool->runDatabaseUpdates()
    #8 contao/install.php(1148): InstallTool->run()
    #9 {main}

Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Query error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query (SELECT * FROM `INFORMATION_SCHEMA`.`COLUMNS` WHERE `TABLE_SCHEMA` LIKE 'advocac1_contao' AND `TABLE_NAME` LIKE 'tl_module') thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php on line 283
    #0 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(203): Contao\Database\Statement->query('SELECT * FROM `...')
    #1 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Mysql.php(142): Contao\Database->query('SELECT * FROM `...')
    #2 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(295): Contao\Database\Mysql->list_fields('tl_module')
    #3 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(316): Contao\Database->listFields('tl_module', true)
    #4 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Updater.php(738): Contao\Database->fieldExists('singleSRC', 'tl_module', true)
    #9 {main}

Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Query error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query (SELECT * FROM `INFORMATION_SCHEMA`.`COLUMNS` WHERE `TABLE_SCHEMA` LIKE 'advocac1_contao' AND `TABLE_NAME` LIKE 'tl_content') thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php on line 283
    #2 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(295): Contao\Database\Mysql->list_fields('tl_content')
    #3 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(316): Contao\Database->listFields('tl_content', true)
    #4 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Updater.php(738): Contao\Database->fieldExists('multiSRC', 'tl_content', true)
    #9 {main}

Query error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    Seems to be a problem with your network connectivity (see e.g. http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...onnection.html). Maybe you run into a timeout. You might want to ask your hosting provider to check this and – in case – to increase the limits.
    → Support options

New user

Talked to my hosting provider, they said the timeout time was set over an hour which seems a little strange to me. Anyway they couldn't figure out why it was timing out on me, they tried to run it from their side and had no errors for the 15 minutes I stayed on the line, mine was erroring out around 4-5 minutes. I asked them to let it try to finish that step, and it did. Once it got past that part I was able to do the rest of the updates myself. Just finishing up some extension stuff now and I should be back up and running shortly.

Edit: Well maybe it's not all good now I can get into the back end, but I'm getting errors now trying to go to some of the backend pages, and it is also telling me no root page found when I try to go to the actual site. I'm going to try and go through and get rid of any old files on the server I missed.

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in system/modules/core/library/Contao/System.php on line 122

#0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'in_array() expe...', '/home3/advocac1...', 122, Array)
    #1 system/modules/core/library/Contao/System.php(122): in_array('getInstance', NULL)
    #2 system/modules/core/drivers/DC_Table.php(3082): Contao\System->import('TagHelper')
    #3 system/modules/core/drivers/DC_Table.php(333): Contao\DC_Table->reviseTable()
    #4 system/modules/core/classes/Backend.php(572): Contao\DC_Table->showAll()
    #5 contao/main.php(142): Contao\Backend->getBackendModule('article')
    #6 contao/main.php(293): Main->run()
    #7 {main}

Fatal error: Class 'TagHelper' not found in /home3/advocac1/public_html/workpays/system/modules/core/library/Contao/System.php on line 122

Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by Daniel; 11/14/2014 at 17:53.

TagHelper is a class from the Tags extension. So check this extension and update it if necessary. Make sure to rebuild the internal cache, too.
    → Support options

New user

Hey xchs,
    I did get that error fixed the other day, I also ended up having to fix a bunch more and remove a lot of old files, I think I've got my install pretty much cleaned up now. There is one error I can't seem to get rid of though, it's this:

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in system/modules/core/library/Contao/System.php on line 122

#0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'in_array() expe...', '/home3/advocac1...', 122, Array)
    #1 system/modules/core/library/Contao/System.php(122): in_array('getInstance', NULL)
    #2 system/modules/core/pages/PageRegular.php(154): Contao\System->import('HookCheckMootoo...')
    #3 index.php(260): Contao\PageRegular->generate(Object(Contao\PageModel), true)
    #4 index.php(444): Index->run()
    #5 {main}

Fatal error: Class 'HookCheckMootools' not found in /home3/advocac1/public_html/workpays/system/modules/core/library/Contao/System.php on line 122

The only place I can find this is in the slideshow2 extension I have installed, but I've tried updating it and even uninstalling it and the error persists. Any idea what's causing this one, I'm not really sure where else to look? This error comes up every time I try to look at the front end, either through preview or normally.

I'm also having trouble with two table updates it won't allow me to make, the first one says
    Query error: Duplicate entry '51' for key 'PRIMARY' (ALTER TABLE `tl_tag` ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id`); ) thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php on line 283

Then the second one is
    Query error: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key (ALTER TABLE `tl_tag` CHANGE `id` `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment; ) thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php on line 283
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Daniel; 11/17/2014 at 21:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    The only place I can find this is in the slideshow2 extension I have installed, but I've tried updating it and even uninstalling it and the error persists. Any idea what's causing this one, I'm not really sure where else to look?
    Yes, you're right. The class HookCheckMootools comes from the Slideshow2 extension which is obsolete for the Contao version you are using now. So, I'd remove this extension and rebuild the internal cache (maintenance module).

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I'm also having trouble with two table updates it won't allow me to make
    Try to update the database with the Contao install tool instead of in the back end.

Do you have the latest available version of the Tags extension?
    → Support options