Thread: Migrating Contao after new Installation (no BackUp)

New user

Default Migrating Contao after new Installation (no BackUp)

Hi together,

due to some circumstances I had to reinstall my OS and also XAMPP and Contao. I still have the old XAMPP and Contao Folder and I would like to migrate my project to the new installation.

Well, it seems like copy and paste doesn't work, but unfortunately and don't have another backup of my project which I could import. Does somebody now a workarround so that I don't need to start over again?

Best regards!

Lars

I've done that some time ago. You'll need at least the "htdocs" folder with your Contao installation and the MySQL database resources located in "mysql/data". As for the MySQL thing it is a little bit tricky to copy only the relevant data. So it might be a good idea to backup the current "mysql/data" folder first.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

I got my XAMPP running now (the old version). But if I want to access my contao back end I only get:

Code:
    SdwnÀ ### INSTALL SCRIPT START ### $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['licenseAccepted'] = true; ### INSTALL SCRIPT STOP ### SdwnÀ ### INSTALL SCRIPT START ### $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['licenseAccepted'] = true; ### INSTALL SCRIPT STOP ###
    I guess that Contao is only working with relative pathes, so it shouldn't be a problem with the change of the Path. The MySQL database is still the old one, so the database itself and the LogIn is still the same.

Is this now still a problem of XAMPP or of Contao?

It seems to be a problem with your "system/config/localconfig.php" file. Just try to rename that file to e.g. "localconfig.php.bak" and run the Contao install tool again (you will have to enter the database credentials again, though)
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

That solved the problem! I just had to repair the sessions table in the database - know everything is working again. Thank you very much for your help!