Thread: [contao 3.4.0] assets js & css not loading: 403 forbidden

New user

Default [contao 3.4.0] assets js & css not loading: 403 forbidden

Hi there !

I have just installed Contao 3.4.0 and while displaying the admin login form, no style is applied. As a matter of fact, *.css and *.js files do not load : 403 forbidden.
    These files seem to be generated on the fly by the CMS. They have the rights -rw-------.

I have suphp installed on apache2. For php files, no problem. All the files in the contao dir have read rights for all users (-rw-r--r--). During the installation process, there is no UMASK paramater to configure. So, should it be configured somewhere ? Any idea ? A conf problem with suphp ?

Thanks,
    /Lapi

New user

Quote Originally Posted by lapinos03 View Post
    Hi there !

I have just installed Contao 3.4.0 and while displaying the admin login form, no style is applied. As a matter of fact, *.css and *.js files do not load : 403 forbidden.
    These files seem to be generated on the fly by the CMS. They have the rights -rw-------.

I have suphp installed on apache2. For php files, no problem. All the files in the contao dir have read rights for all users (-rw-r--r--). During the installation process, there is no UMASK paramater to configure. So, should it be configured somewhere ? Any idea ? A conf problem with suphp ?

Thanks,
    /Lapi
    Finally, I modified in the file /etc/suphp/suphp.conf the value of umask=0077 by umask=0022. Now it is okay.
    I had never a problem with CMSMadeSimple. Indeed it manages its own umask value which superceeds suphp's one.
    I also misunderstood that apparently suphp changes the user id of apache only for php scripts and not for any other file...