Thread: Different Google Analytics tracking code per root page, or per template?

User

Default Different Google Analytics tracking code per root page, or per template?

How could I have a different Google Analytics tracking code per root page, or per template?

I know that I could just add the tracking code to each template myself, but I would like to preserve the current functionality where backend users are not counted when logged in.

How can this be done? Many thanks

You can simply create multiple analytics_google Templates and you can set the name to anything you like, as long as it begins with analytics_

You can also create subfolders in the template folder for each theme you use and define that folder in the theme and then create additional analytics_* templates there.

User

Thank you for your reply. I've now got two questions:

• Does this not work within the same theme somehow? It's just that I've set up everything within the same theme (all files for the three sub-sites that I want to track separately)

• If I make different template folders, how to I link a particular folder to a particular theme?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spirelli View Post
    • Does this not work within the same theme somehow? It's just that I've set up everything within the same theme (all files for the three sub-sites that I want to track separately)
    Yes, as I already said, you can create multiple analytics_google templates and rename them to analytics_google_lorem, analytics_google_ipsum, etc. You will be able to select them individually in your layout.

Quote Originally Posted by spirelli View Post
    • If I make different template folders, how to I link a particular folder to a particular theme?
    In the theme's settings.

User

Alright, all clear. Thanks!