Thread: HTML fields in form generator: data not sent

New user

Default HTML fields in form generator: data not sent

Morning,

Using Contao 3.1

I have created a form, using form generator, but used HTML for the field types.
    However, when I send the form, only the attachment reaches destination, the data gets left behind.
    How can I resolve this issue?

Here is the HTML
    <div id="idhere" class="fieldCont">
    <label for="fieldID">Do you have minimum five years experience?</label>
    <input type="checkbox" id="fieldID" />
    </div>

Jez D

Use the form generator it also uses HTML for the input fields. Or check your markup. Create a checkbox with Contao and compare with your markup.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Use the form generator it also uses HTML for the input fields. Or check your markup. Create a checkbox with Contao and compare with your markup.
    As it says in my post, I have used the form generator and selected 'html' as the field type.

So why do you use own HTML code for a checkbox? Use the checkbox type so you will get valid code. Did you compare a valid checkbox against your code?
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

Contao only sends values of fields, created with form generator. There is no simple possibility to change this.

Use the form generator for yout fields. The HTML field could only be used for styling, helping advices, javascripts, etc.
    Extensions :: Github :: No support via PM.

Sure? I thought there's only a missing name attribute.
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Quote Originally Posted by cliffen View Post
    Contao only sends values of fields, created with form generator. There is no simple possibility to change this.

Use the form generator for yout fields. The HTML field could only be used for styling, helping advices, javascripts, etc.
    Danke für ihre Hilfe

I am now using Contao Form Generator to create the fields and javascript to change the HTML elements. This has solved the problem.