Thread: Updating from 2.9.1

New user

Default Updating from 2.9.1

Trying to figure out how to upgrade my website from cantao 2.9.1 to 4.0 or 3.5

Every time i do the live update i get this message - Fatal error: Class 'Phar' not found in /home/atmosphe/public_html/contao/update.phar.php on line 21

Please help... My main idea is to update so I can create a page with 2 column.

Thank you in advance

Maybe it's a PHP version problem. Try another version.

Nice that you update Contao but 2 columns is possible with every Contao version.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by julien View Post
    Trying to figure out how to upgrade my website from cantao 2.9.1 to 4.0 or 3.5
    You cannot update to Contao 4.

Quote Originally Posted by julien View Post
    Every time i do the live update i get this message - Fatal error: Class 'Phar' not found in /home/atmosphe/public_html/contao/update.phar.php on line 21
    This indicates, that your web server does not have the phar extension enabled. You need to contact your web hosting provider. After the PHP extension is enabled, you should be able to use the Live Update (unless the Contao Check says otherwise).

New user

Default Thanks

I am not sure what a PHP is?
    Also now my article are display in computer language I guess, but not in normal regular people symbol, not sure what happened?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Maybe it's a PHP version problem. Try another version.

Nice that you update Contao but 2 columns is possible with every Contao version.