Thread: unable to edit Slideshow element after upgrading server

New user

Default unable to edit Slideshow element after upgrading server

Hello,

After suddenly being unable to upload files through Contao's file manager, our hosting company moved our site to server with PHP version 5.4.44, so that the Contao system requirements are met. However, after this move we are now unable to edit any of the slideshows we have on the site, and when clicking on the Slideshow element on the left, we receive an Internal Server Error message. Our hosting company customer support believes that there is a PHP mismatch issue and that we should either "upgrade our CMS" or transfer our site to another server with PHP version 5.3.28. I don't know how to upgrade Contao, and in terms of transferring back to an older PHP version I am worried that will bring about the original reason why we moved to this new server in the first place, which was that we then couldn't upload any files... Can you advise on this matter?

Thanks much,
    Milena

Double Edge Theatre
    www.doubleedgetheatre.org

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleEdgeTheatre View Post
    I don't know how to upgrade Contao, ...
    Easiest way will be to go back there where your upload worked.

Or you find someone who repairs your upload.

For security reasons you should at least update your Contao 2.9.4 to 2.9.5. Following versions were 2.10, 2.11, 3.0 and now we are on 3.5.3

You can buy a live update ID here https://update.contao.org/en/ so you can update by your own but don't forget to make a backup including files and the DB.

If you like to update to 3.5.3 I think you should search for profesional help. The effort depends on many facts, e.g. your extensions, modified templates, do your scripts still work? ...

Update step from 2.11 to 3 is the most elaborate. Maybe you can update to 2.11 and try if your upload works.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist