Thread: Package Management does not update (Fixed)

User

Default Package Management does not update (Fixed)

Contao 3.5.15: Package Management does not update the installed packages. I also can't update "contao-community-alliance/composer" which stays at version 0.13.2. With each attempt to update I get the following message:

"The Composer\Package\LinkConstraint\VersionConstraint class is deprecated, use Composer\Semver\Constraint\Constraint instead."

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Rian; 07/19/2016 at 19:43.

You could update the composer-client extension manually.
    • Delete /system/modules/!composer on your server.
    • Download version 0.16.4 of the composer-client.
    • Copy the contents of the folder composer-client-0.16.4/src within the archive to your contao installation (or alternatively, copy composer-client-0.16.4/src/system/modules/!composer of the archive to /system/modules on your server).
    • Delete the contents of the folder /system/cache (not the folder itself)
    Last edited by Spooky; 07/17/2016 at 14:58.

User

Spooky,

System/modules/!composer is a short-cut to /composer/vendor/contao-community-alliance/composer/src/system/modules/!composer.
    I have updated/replaced all files in !composer and all files in /composer/vendor/contao-community-alliance/composer

After modifying the version in Expert Settings is was able to upgrade to version 0.13.2. But it seems that there is no higher version.

When I check the reference it refers to //github.com/contao-community-alliance-archive/composer
    But I do probably need //github.com/contao-community-alliance/composer-client

Any idea where I can change that reference?

Thank you for your support.

Rian.
    Last edited by Rian; 07/18/2016 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Rian View Post
    System/modules/!composer is a short-cut to /composer/vendor/contao-community-alliance/composer/src/system/modules/!composer.
    I have updated/replaced all files in !composer and all files in /composer/vendor/contao-community-alliance/composer
    Ah, then you have, or had configured your composer-client to create symlinks instead of copying. Nevertheless, you can replace the files there, yes.

After modifying the version in Expert Settings is was able to upgrade to version 0.13.2. But it seems that there is no higher version.
    The most recent Version is 0.16.4 of the composer-client.

When I check the reference it refers to https://github.com/contao-community-...chive/composer
    But I do probably need https://github.com/contao-community-...omposer-client

Any idea where I can change that reference?
    That "reference" is defined in your /composer/compser.json. I guess you would have been able to update to the newest compers-client if you simply changed it there in the first place, I didn't know your installation was that old .

User

I have added the following line under "require" and removed the older package.

"require": {
    "contao-community-alliance/composer-client": ">=0.16.4.0",

That seemed to fix it.

Thanks,

Rian,
    Last edited by Rian; 07/18/2016 at 19:22.