Thread: Installation Error with version 3.5.17

New user

Default Installation Error with version 3.5.17

Checked this problem with Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome web browsers and I get the same error in both the main page and back office.

I have installed v3.5.17 via 1&1 control panel, as this is their latest update with a date stamp of 20.09.16, and I am getting errors on the home screen of my website.
    Code:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception Error with message Call to undefined function Contao\Database\mysql_connect() thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Mysql.php on line 47
    #0 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(81): Contao\Database\Mysql->connect()
    #1 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(165): Contao\Database->__construct(Array)
    #2 [internal function]: Contao\Database::getInstance()
    #3 system/modules/core/library/Contao/System.php(140): call_user_func(Array)
    #4 system/modules/core/library/Contao/User.php(158): Contao\System->import('Database')
    #5 system/modules/core/classes/FrontendUser.php(62): Contao\User->__construct()
    #6 system/modules/core/library/Contao/User.php(220): Contao\FrontendUser->__construct()
    #7 [internal function]: Contao\User::getInstance()
    #8 system/modules/core/library/Contao/System.php(140): call_user_func(Array)
    #9 system/modules/core/controllers/FrontendIndex.php(31): Contao\System->import('FrontendUser', 'User')
    #10 index.php(19): Contao\FrontendIndex->__construct()
    #11 {main}
    Would it be best to over write this installation with up-to-date version, or is there something fundamentally wrong with the initial load?
    My site address if you want to take a look.

Edit your /system/config/localconfig.php and change this line
    PHP Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['dbDriver'] = 'MySQL'
    to
    PHP Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['dbDriver'] = 'MySQLi'

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Edit your /system/config/localconfig.php and change this line
    PHP Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['dbDriver'] = 'MySQL'
    to
    PHP Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['dbDriver'] = 'MySQLi'
    I will give it a go and get back with the answer

New user

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    I will give it a go and get back with the answer
    e right
    My site is now showing the 'we'll be right back' in the middle of the screen.

Thank you for the info.

That's the screen for the maintenance mode. You can disable the maintenance mode in the backend or directly in the /system/config/localconfig.php

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    That's the screen for the maintenance mode. You can disable the maintenance mode in the backend or directly in the /system/config/localconfig.php
    Yes I have got passed that. Thanks for the info. I am now looking at an update before I do anything else