Thread: Help with moving installation of Contao

New user

Default Help with moving installation of Contao

Hi,
    I was trying to move a previous installation of Contao 2.x to a new web server and it's giving me some problems so I tried to follow these steps (https://contao.org/en/manual/3.0/instal ... -the-files) but din't wen't very well, the installation in the new server perfect.
    I would like to know if anyone has tried to just copy entirely the files of the server to a new one and just edit some values of the file "localconfig.php" to adjust thinks like the database user, password, etc. and all went well.

Hope anyone had done similar steps some and could help me.
    Thank you very much.

imported_Nina
    Gast

Default Re: Help with moving installation of Contao

Usually I have no problems with moving installations of Contao.

Log into the backend, go to the site structure and edit the root-page. If you added a "domain"-entry there, change it to the new domain which you are going to use after the server-movement.

Backup all files and the complete MySQL database on the old server.

Upload the files to the new server and import the MySQL database.

Change the database-login-informations (and maybe the FTP informations if you are using the safe mode hack) in system/config/localconfig.php.

If you are changing the path location of your installation (e.g. from the root level to some sub level or vice versa) you will also need to change the path-configuration in system/config/localconfig.php, in the .htaccess (on the Contao root level) and - if you are using Contao 3 - in the system/config/pathconfig.php

Default Are you able to help on a freelance basis to move my website

Quote Originally Posted by imported_Nina View Post
    Usually I have no problems with moving installations of Contao.

Log into the backend, go to the site structure and edit the root-page. If you added a "domain"-entry there, change it to the new domain which you are going to use after the server-movement.

Backup all files and the complete MySQL database on the old server.

Upload the files to the new server and import the MySQL database.

Change the database-login-informations (and maybe the FTP informations if you are using the safe mode hack) in system/config/localconfig.php.

If you are changing the path location of your installation (e.g. from the root level to some sub level or vice versa) you will also need to change the path-configuration in system/config/localconfig.php, in the .htaccess (on the Contao root level) and - if you are using Contao 3 - in the system/config/pathconfig.php
    I want to move my website I have a full backup and need to set it up on webhostinghub.com.
    Happy to pay for the service.
    Thanks

Kevin