Thread: Contao upgrade to 3.5.28 (mysql schema upgrade problem)

New user

Default Contao upgrade to 3.5.28 (mysql schema upgrade problem)

Hello,

I've upgraded Contao from version 3.5.x to 3.5.28.

Here's below some specs about my server
    Ubuntu Xenial amd64
    MariaDB 5.7.19
    PHP 7.0.18
    Apache 2.4.18

After doing the upgrade, everything when fine except when I need to upgrade the Contao database schema.

This query failed
    ALTER TABLE `tl_search` ADD UNIQUE KEY `checksum_pid` (`checksum`, `pid`);

With the PHP Error
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Query error: Duplicate entry '4ec667fb2b60640c08727d845a8fd3b6-1' for key 'checksum_pid' (ALTER TABLE `tl_search` ADD UNIQUE KEY `checksum_pid` (`checksum`, `pid`) thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php on line 295

#0 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(207): Contao\Database\Statement->query('ALTER TABLE `tl...')
    #1 system/modules/repository/classes/RepositoryManager.php(477): Contao\Database->query('ALTER TABLE `tl...')
    #2 system/modules/repository/classes/RepositoryBackendModule.php(153): RepositoryManager->update('database')
    #3 system/modules/core/classes/BackendModule.php(98): RepositoryBackendModule->compile()
    #4 system/modules/repository/classes/RepositoryBackendModule.php(72): Contao\BackendModule->generate()
    #5 system/modules/repository/classes/RepositoryManager.php(57): RepositoryBackendModule->generate()
    #6 system/modules/core/classes/Backend.php(423): RepositoryManager->generate()
    #7 system/modules/core/controllers/BackendMain.php(131): Contao\Backend->getBackendModule('repository_mana...')
    #8 contao/main.php(20): Contao\BackendMain->run()
    #9 {main}

I have simply unchecked this query in the backend and can live without it for a bit of time (I guess)

Any helps would be great

Thanks

Log in to the back end, go to "System" > "Maintenance" and "Purge the search index". Then try to update the database again.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Quote Originally Posted by xchs View Post
    Log in to the back end, go to "System" > "Maintenance" and "Purge the search index". Then try to update the database again.
    This fixed the problem.

Thank you very much