i want to create a menu like this

- article 1
    teaser 1
    - article 2
    teaser 2
    - article 3
    teaser 3
    and so on...

i don't know how to do, there are no options about it.

so, trying to modify template nav_default.tpl, i did:

print_r($item);

and no teaser was showed

so i think that i have to modify typolight class

is right?

thank you very much, and sorry for my english :P

User

Default Re: Show teaser in navigation menu

Hi desperados,
    welcome to TL and the forum!

I'm afraid we've several misunderstandings here:
    1. The module "article navigation" is not really a navigation menu (like a page navigation). Rather than that it's a pagination, meant for pages that contain more than 1 article and where those articles have "Show teaser" checked. To learn more about it check this announcement in the old forum (please always try to search there, too).
    2. The nav_default template has nothing to with that. It's for page navigation menus only. To see which modules the frontend classes use you can either search through the templates folder or look directly into the classes themselves (e.g. the article nagigation module uses mod_article_navigation.tpl as its template).
    3. As soon as you have more than 1 article in the same page and the same column and if those articles have "Show teaser" checked, TL will list the titles, teasers and "Read more" links instead of the full articles. I reckon this is basically what you want to have, but you can't have this in a different column next to the articles themselves.

To make it short: you'd have to program your own extension (maybe you can use the article navigation as a starting point for it). Changing core classes is never a good idea (updates!!!). Finally, a question: wouldn't that be a strange looking navigation or are your teasers that short?

cheers
    Antipitch

New user

Default Re: Show teaser in navigation menu

Hi desperados.

Look at this http://jacintopazo.com/revista/index.ph ... 0_631.html

In this page you have a menu (Editorial, Anuncio, etc... - same that left side) and each menu element (each page) have 1 or more articles. You can add one or more and I show the teaser of the articles.

If you like this solution i can send this module to you. I make this module.

Jacinto.