Thread: Installation Problem - Could not connect to database!

New user

Default Installation Problem - Could not connect to database!

Hi everyone.
    I've got a little or a big problem with Typolight installation.
    I'm stucked at the Database section.
    In order to complete the installation i have to complete de form with my database connection paramateres.
    The problem is that i am just an user on a domain. The mother domain is depide.ro and my subdomain is lsct.depinde.ro and the only things i'm allowed it's ftp, where is should upload my website file.
    My question is that i have to install a database on my subdomain account or do i have to complete de the form with the server mysql/database connections parameters, cause if i have to complete with the server database connections parameters i might have a problem. I can't contact the adminstrator of the depinde.ro hosting server.
    Is there anyway i can install typolight without knowing the database connection parameters ?

Otherwise just tell me exactly what should i do in order to finish the installation of typolight on my ftp accout : lsct.depinde.ro.

Thanks a lot. I'll appreciate if i'll get an answer asap.

Best regards,
    Alex Milotin

User

Default Re: Installation Problem - Could not connect to database!

Hi Alex,
    Is there anyway i can install typolight without knowing the database connection parameters ?
    I'm afraid not.

You need a (new) Database, it's port (localhost or whatever), the name and the password. Else you won't get along.

Why can't you reach your provider/ an administrator?

cheers
    Antipitch

New user

Because i receieved this subdomain as a gift from a friend. And that friend it's left out of country. And i doubt the webhosting master will give me the db connection parameters since i'm just an user.
    What shoud i do ?

New user

I managed to get in touch with the webhosting administrator. Problem solved.
    Thanks anyway