Thread: Fatal error: Allowed memory size ...

New user

Default Fatal error: Allowed memory size ...

hi i have received this error and I found 2 posts regarding this.. but I am not sure how to solve this problem, can someone please help? I am using the catalogy module and when I click on edit an item thats when it came up..

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17600 bytes) in public_html/system/libraries/Controller.php on line 762"

Do I need to contact my host or is there a way I can reset this??

thanks!

Default Re: Fatal error: Allowed memory size ...

Hi Testing,

Yeah, there shouldn't be a problem with your hosting tweaking your memory limits up. I would recommend 64 at least, but I'm not sure if anyone has ever actually bench marked what should be used as a minimum.

Experienced user

From looking at the changelog, it appears that this issue was resolved in TL 2.7.3.

User

Hi,

I have just got the same error in Typolight 2.8 so may be an issue again unless it is just a hosting problem and not Typolight problem.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11392 bytes) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/system/libraries/Controller.php on line 824

My memeory limit is 32MB, I'm going to try and increase it to 64MB.

Tried doing this through .htaccess but it didn't like it so will speak to hosts.
    360fusion: Virtual Tours - Web Design
    Social Media: Twitter - Facebook Page

User

Just increased limit with php.ini file. Also increased fileupload size for good measure.

added this to php.ini file and uploaded to root of sever

memory_limit = 64M
    upload_max_filesize = 12M

By checking the typolight check tool the changes have been made to the server confiuration.

Hasn't stoped error message on website. still says: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted

This still thinks it's 32MB. will try a few other things with cache etc

*I'm only getting this error on the 'Galleries' module when trying to edit a gallery. I can't enter the gallery to view albums

Experienced user

Ben - try increasing the memory limit to something nutty, like 256. The problem most likely relates to the server trying to re-size a very large image. You could also go through the folders in FTP and see if there is one or two very large files. That would probably be the culprit.

User

Yeah not having much joy with this.

There isn't a really big file causing it as i've been through all folders by ftp.
    I uploaded a new php.ini file with a limit of 256 but it didn't change it. will have to speak to hosting company again.

Will let you know if i get it fixed.

Cheers

New user

Hi,

We've been having the same issue as described in this topic http://www.contao-community.org/view...php?f=4&t=2041, unfortunately haven't managed to fix that yet.

The weird thing is that we thought only big, unscaled down images may cause the issue. Now we discovered that some other files may result in this annoying behaviour. We've seen non-standard CMYK jpegs doing it as well as transparent PNG files. The is no noticeable relation between the error and the images.

Anybody could share his/her experiences about solving this for good? Is this a server misconfiguration?

Any advice counts.

Thanks you guys,

Arthur

Experienced user

what are your server settings for memory and script timeout?