Thread: Merging team calendars into an organisational calendar

New user

Default Merging team calendars into an organisational calendar

Hi there,

I'm trying to manage a site for a sports club which has multiple age groups - letting each age group own and manage their own calendar, but I'm running into a bit of a problem.

So far I have created unique calenders per age group - Under 7, Under 8, Under 9, etc . . . and displayed them on each teams own section of the site. This allows the people on the U9 team to see their events only since this is all they are interested in.

Then I created a module called 'calendar - all ages' which has the check box for the U7, U8, U9 calendars selected with the aim of showing the club officials all the events for all the teams.

My problem is that when I do this it has the effect of changing the U9s calendar to now show events for the U7s, U8s, U9s, etc . . . When I change this back it then has the effect that the overall calendar only shows the U9 events.

Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong ? I want to be able to publish the U9 calendar on the U9 part of the website, but I want to be able to integrate it into an overall club calendar too.

Thanks,

z

User

Default Re: Merging team calendars into an organisational calendar

Hi zag,

I suggest you to try the above on the TYPOlight demo website if it happens maybe there's a bug and you may fill a bug report.
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

Experienced user

Default Re: Merging team calendars into an organisational calendar

Zag,

It sounds like a weird issue with the database entries for the 'all ages' and 'U9' modules. I would try deleting both offending modules. Then, re-create them and add them to the appropriate pages. Let us know if this fixes it. Also, ga.n's comment about trying this on the demo is a very good idea which will determine if you've uncovered a bug or if it's an isolated incident.