Thread: TYPOlight javascript functionality not working

User

Default TYPOlight javascript functionality not working

I have logged in on two computers and tried two different browsers. Any backend ajax functionality such as collapsing and uncollapsing menus is not working. I am currently using 2.7.2

User

Default Re: TYPOlight javascript functionality not working

Just a side note. It is also working in other typolight installations have, so its something wrong with this specific one.

Experienced user

I'm not sure how you'd find them all, but javascript files can become corrupted if your ftp programme transferred them up in binary mode rather than ascii..... so they may need reupping in ascii.
    Also first use the system check tool to make sure all files/folders have correct permissions, as this could also be the cause.

Experienced user

Another thing to try (because I ran into something similar recently) --

Try disabling GZIP compression, if it isn't already (it will be under the "Settings" module).

If this fixes it, make sure your server settings support and are properly configured for this (not sure if your other installations are on the same server, so worth mentioning). Also make sure you've renamed the .htaccess file in the root of your Website to enable it.

In my case, I had a newbie moment -- I set up a new shared hosting account that I was accessing with that funky link you get before you point a domain (e.g. http://123.123.123.123/~yourMom) and somewhere between mod_rewrite and GZIP it broke all AJAX/Javascript because it couldn't find the .js files.
    Brian

User

Thanks for the suggestions. ramjet, can you point me to where that system check tool is?

User

I just ran the system check tool and it did not come up with any errors other than my maximum upload file size. I also tried reuploading a couple of the js files mentioned in the error messages I am getting from the browser console, forcing my ftp program (i am using filezilla) to use ascii. I am still getting the same errors. Most error messages are similar to this:
    Code:
    Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    And then lists (so far) on of three files: mootools.js, calendar.js, and typolight.js

Does this ring any bells for anyone?

New user

Do you have any <script> tags besides those belonging to the Javascript that TL itself automatically includes in the template?

I've seen the error you describe occur when additional Javascript is included in the template *after* "$this->header;". In that case, simply moving the additional <script> tags up a few lines in the tpl file solved my problem--Certain ordering of the various Javascript files caused a conflict at load-time.

--V
    Vincent Grovestine ~ Programmer/Web Analyst @ Acadia University

User

Quote Originally Posted by Medianomaly
    Try disabling GZIP compression, if it isn't already (it will be under the "Settings" module).
    I had the same even if GZIP compression was disabled. Just remove "mootools.js.gz" file from /plugins/mootools
    Marcin

http://www.contao.pl - Polish Support Site
    http://forum.contao.pl - Polish Contao community forum

-----------------------
    Need custom template? Feel free to contact me by e-mail marcin@contao.pl

User

I had the same even if GZIP compression was disabled. Just remove "mootools.js.gz" file from /plugins/mootools
    Hey this worked great! Thanks!