Thread: Glossary: how to use it?

New user

Default Glossary: how to use it?

Using TL 2.7.5, I created a glossary and inserted a couple of definitions, and that's OK, but... how do I use them now?
    Found no reference on the on-line guide, don't know whether my question is a silly one... :?
    ~ Lou

Experienced user

Default Re: Glossary: how to use it?

Once you've done that you need to define a module to display them. Go to modules, and create a new module, choosing either glossary menu or glossary list. Configure appropriately to your needs.

Then the last step is to add the module to a page, either by including it in a page layout, or by dropping it inside an article as a content element.

That's essentially how everything other than articles works -- so if you look at the user guide and/or tutorials for news/events/etc. you should gain a good grasp of the system in general.
    Brian

New user

Default Re: Glossary: how to use it?

Oh, thanks... That resolved inserting glossary, yep.
    Now... Is there any way to automate a connection from an article's word to the glossary? Say I have the word "ABC" in my text and I create an "ABC" entry in the glossary, can I link them together with a ready to use setting, or do I need to link them the "normal" way?
    ~ Lou