Thread: embedding flash player

New user

Default embedding flash player

Hi i am trying to embed a flash movie player on my website. http://xfv.dk/
    I use SlideShowPro for Flash and it generates a html page that i but on my web page like this

Code:
    <object data="/tl_files/forsidebio/forsidebio.html" type="text/html"  width="480" height="290"></object>
    I was using firefox when working on my page and it all worked fine, but then i started to test my webpage i different browsers.

in safari, chrome and IE there is a vertikal scrollbar, that i cant remove, no mather how big i make the flash object ? I want that removed.

in IE there is another problem that is quite severe. If you try to browse away from the frontpage with the flash movie on it, well then the flash player simply stalls and IE crashes.

So does anyone know the best way the put a flash movie on my webpage ?

New user

Default Re: embedding flash player

Hi dalum,
    when you say flash movie I assume you are talking .flv?
    I have no experience with "SlideShowPro" but I am sometimes using flowplayer as stand alone (including playlists etc). the documentation of the flowplayer site is quite exhaustive.
    On the other hand there are three extension doing this for you: ch_flowplayer, ce_jw_media and ce_nonverblaster.
    Have you tried those? They usually work very well in all major browsers.
    drefsa
    [Edit: I kept a typos for myself]

Experienced user

Default Re: embedding flash player

I have implemented SlideShowPro here: http://www.mckessonclubphotos.com/club-session-1.html. I've also used it on several other TYPOlight websites. You should add SSP with Flash movies module. (Layout > Modules in TL backend)