Thread: PHP driven table

New user

Default PHP driven table

Hi all,

I'm new to typolight. But I have a very basic question I need to ask, so please bare with me.

I have just finished creating a basic website for a client. They have now asked if they can add a PHP driven table to the site.
    They have written the php pages and now just need to integrate it with the site.

Do i need an extension to add an php driven database? And if so would the Catalog Extension module be ok?
    I'm not sure where to begin.

The type of table i would like to add can be found by following the link: http://www.stulane.com/teamframes/public.php.

Thank you

Default Re: PHP driven table

I don't really understand what a PHP driven table would be. If you mean a substitute for a MySQL table, i. e. the data you want to display will not come from a database but a PHP file, there are several ways. The quickest one would be to use the file insert tag. The sophisticated way is writing your own driver for e. g. XML or JSON input (like the "/system/driver/DC_*").

New user

Thanks Flob, i'm just trying to find out what exactly they want to do

Experienced user

I'm moving this from "Extensions support" to "Developer's corner", since it does not relate to any extensions.

New user

If the data are coming from a MySQL table you could also just use the listing module, which is onboard and doesn't even require any extension, but perhaps some adjustements on the list template. Its eventually worth to import the data into the tl_database. This has the advantage of a single point of maintenance.
    drefsa