Thread: Isotopeecommerce TYPOlight web shopsystem...

Default Isotopeecommerce TYPOlight web shopsystem...

Has anyone used it for a production website yet?

I tried to play with it way back in summer of 2009, but didn' t manage to get it running and I thought its just a Beta then. Last week I thought I'll give a try one more time, but I had no better luck! Now I just wonder as there are many enrolled as Beta tester, how they might be doing with Isotope!! Can you guys share your experience ...
    TT
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

Default Re: Isotopeecommerce TYPOlight web shopsystem...

Hi Tsarma

Isotope is currently in pre-beta. The version you had from summer of 2009 was roughly 400 revisions ago, and we're very close to having the latest in a state where it could be beta. Please be patient with us as we have done all coding between me and Andreas Schempp and as a result have had a mountain of tasks to complete. I can point you to one live site working currently and another that is going live this week - both with completely different types of products.

As of right now I can tell you we have no plans to do a commercial license and that our goal is to meet the same feature set as Magento by year's end or earlier, but for now we are focused on making it fairly easy to set up and get going.

if you go to http://www.ibuycoffee.com you will see a recent live site. If you test the checkout (but please don't actually buy as it is live! you will see a step in the checkout process called "select a free sample" - this is a custom checkout step the client requested and we have allowed support for easy customization of the checkout process because that is the flexibility that we want in the system. It would have been much more work to do such a thing on any other system, but for us it was about a 3-hour coding project, which we were quite happy with.

We have included in the core package Paypal Standard, Paypal Pro (i just finished that this past week), Authorize.net as well as basic Cash as well. Also included are UPS live rates and USPS (united states postal service) live rates with plans to handle DHL soon.

Our major problem with getting to everything is simply that we have a lack of resources to do so. We could probably use one more great programmer to volunteer some time as Andreas and I have under the sponsorship of the design and marketing firm I work at, Winans Creative.

We do have some upcoming projects with a few others who are eager to start though the understanding is there may be some points of confusion as well as bugs to be worked out, as with any new package.

The second site that is about to be released is here: http://174.36.236.57/ - it is a site that sells instructive courses. This site has taken us about 6 weeks to roll out from initial design & concept to release, in terms of hours about half of the time we would need for any other tool, but we're used to the system by now and of course that helps us do it quickly, but if you know typolight, you will know Isotope.

one neat feature on this site - the donation module
    http://174.36.236.57/support-us.html - it is a module that lets you set a price but also has a couple extra widgets - one for a wish list and one for comments so you may send a message to the organization. Eventually it will be completely flexible to allow you to choose what you would like to appear in the form.

If you would like to have a copy of the latest package in its current pre-beta state to start with, please PM me and I'll get it to you.

All the best!

Fred

New user

Hi.
    You are doing a great job.
    Any news about beta?
    I look forward to try isotope.

Ajgo

I think its coming soon, but not yet released . May be you should PM Fred and ask for pre-Beta copy.
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world