Thread: Link from Calendar directly to Event Details

New user

Default Link from Calendar directly to Event Details

I have a calendar module which when an individual date is clicked takes you to a list of all events, from which you can then click through to see the full Event Details.

I wish to be able to click on the date in the calendar and go directly to the Event Details for that date. Is this possible? How do I achieve this? What am I therefore doing wrong?

Mike

Experienced user

Default Re: Link from Calendar directly to Event Details

It's been a while since I've worked with the mini-cal template, which is what it sounds like you're using. I think you need to set your redirect page to one that has an event reader. This would pose a problem on days having multiple events, though.

Can you give us a link or screenshots to see what you working on?

New user

Thanks for the swift reply.

I've attached 3 screen shots
    SS1 - Is the home page with minical. If I click either 17th or 28th Feb I get to see
    SS2 - Which is a list of all events. If I then click one of those I get to see
    SS3 - The actual detail for the correct event

What I want to do is to click the 17th on minical and go directly to the SS3 for that event

Cheers

Mike

Experienced user

Mike - I don't see any screenshots attached to your post.

User

Because you could have multiple events on one date, I think it is setup correctly. You get a list of all the events for that date and then you choose the one you want and get more details.

You could use an event full template for your event list page? This would show the full event details.

New user

Chaps
    Sorry about screen shots and thanks for the help so far. As the screen shots didn't get through here is the sequence of things:

My events calendar has a redirect page of EVENT TEST
    In site structure this page uses a Page Layout of EVENT TEST
    this Page Layout includes the module: EVENT DETAILS in the main column
    this module definition has a module tyoe of EVENT READER and an Event Template of EVENT_DEFAULT - I don;t have an Event_Full_Template option to choose

I don't have multiple events on the sane date but clicking the minical takes me to a list of events

Any pointers are welcome

Mike

User

Mike, If you want to set me up with a login and send me a private message I can take a look and see what's possible. I've used the events module on a few websites now, it's just hard to visualize without seeing it setup. Justin