Thread: Select in BE

Default Select in BE

When defining a select in the BE with options attribute + filter=true, i've got following problem:

When you see the filter dropdown in the BE, instead of seeing the options, you see the keys to the options.

Is there a way to display the text insteaad of the keys in the filter dropdown.

thx

Default Re: Select in BE

OK, found myself:

I had to define options like this:
    'options' => array('Nieuwe boeking in aanmaak' => 'Nieuwe boeking in aanmaak','Nieuwe boeking' => 'Nieuwe boeking','Boeking geaccepteerd' =>'Boeking geaccepteerd','Betaling OK' => 'Betaling OK', 'Overboeking' => 'Overboeking'),

instead of

'options' => array('Nieuwe boeking in aanmaak' ,'Nieuwe boeking','Boeking geaccepteerd' ,'Betaling OK', 'Overboeking'),

Experienced user

Default Re: Select in BE

That's because you didn't implement the options correctly. The array must only contain the key values that are stored in the database, you have to use the "reference" array to provide the language strings for the labels, or you have to use an options_callback to do it.

Read the developer's guide or look at the Contao modules and how they were implemented, before posting basic newbie messages like this?

DCA
    Code:
    options => array('date_asc', 'date_desc','meta','rand');
    reference => &$GLOBALS['LANG']['tl_xxxx'];
    LANG: languages/en/tl_xxxx.php
    Code:
    $GLOBALS['LANG']['tl_xxxx']['date_asc'] = 'Date ascending';
    $GLOBALS['LANG']['tl_xxxx']['date_desc'] = 'Date descending';
    $GLOBALS['LANG']['tl_xxxx']['meta'] = 'Meta (meta.txt)';
    $GLOBALS['LANG']['tl_xxxx']['rand'] = 'Random';