Thread: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_RfcComplianceExce

New user

Default PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_RfcComplianceExce

Hello

I just discovered that after an update 10 days ago my forms no longer work in my website. When someone submits a form, this error happens :"PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_RfcComplianceException' with message 'Address in mailbox given [] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.' thrown in /home/www/pelikan-rejser.dk/plugins/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 309 "

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? I am using the same email recipient address as always.

Thank you, Mikael

Experienced user

Default Re: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_RfcCompliance

plugins/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 309
    See if you can update swiftmailer in the Extension Catalog...
    If that fails... do a search on swiftmailer
    If that fails...
    Post the code around this line.... it would seem the version of swiftmailer you are using is not compatable with the version of Contao you are using

New user

Thanks for helping. The Swiftmailer is the one that came with the contao installation. So, I am not sure what you mean by not compatible. They should be compatible, right? Otherwise most other users would get the same error, or no?

The code around line 309 is this:

private function _assertValidAddress($address)
    {
    if (!preg_match('/^' . $this->getGrammar('addr-spec') . '$/D',
    $address))
    {
    throw new Swift_RfcComplianceException(
    'Address in mailbox given [' . $address .
    '] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.'
    );
    }
    }

I would be greatful if someone could, at least as a hack, show me how to eliminate this part of the code. I wouldn't mind receiving invalid email adresses once in a while.

Thanks, Mikael

Edit: I just realized that the exception is thrown because of the recipient email adress. not because of customers submitting invalid email adresses. Well... can anyone help anyway?

Experienced user

They should be compatible, right?
    yeah, sorry I thought it was an extension (module) - not a plugin.

Maybe replace this plugin with the old one from the Version you updated from until you can figure it.

New user

I can't replace the swiftmailer plugin because the version I updated from was something like 2.7.2 in which there was no swiftmailer plugin.

I think I am stuck...

Experienced user

You can just comment out where it throws the exception, but when you upgrade you'll need to do it again if that file gets overwritten.

//throw new Swift_RfcComplianceException('Address in mailbox given [' . $address .'] does not comply with RFC 2822,3.6.2.');

User

Hi mikros

the error means that the address you are using is not a valid email address, so you have to check that both the "from" email address and the "to" email address are set correctly.
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

New user

Possible solution:

ok.... it turns out that the administrator email adress in the settings page had been deleted in the update process and that this was the source of the error. I am going to test this and hopefully that was the only problem.

Thanks for all your help!

-Mikael