Thread: Contao search engine facility - is it dynamic?

New user

Default Contao search engine facility - is it dynamic?

Hi,

I have a query regarding Contao's search facility. I notice one has to manually rebuild the search index via the system settings. Does this not happen automatically at all if new content's added to one's site or do you have to always manually rebuild the index every so often?

Also, in the Catalog extension, no catalog content shows up in the search results, despite me ticking the box for it to be searchable (and then manually re-indexing the whole site)?

Apologies for what I'm sure's a beginner question!

Default Re: Contao search engine facility - is it dynamic?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe that content only gets added to the index when it is generated on the frontend. Meaning that when someone accesses the frontend page and thus triggers the page output, Contao scans that output and adds everything between these tags:

I think that the "Rebuild Search Index" attempts to re-create this, but I do notice it is not necessarily perfect with 3rd party extensions...

You are right, but it is also nessesary, that you are NOT logged in the backend. Than it will be indexed when you are on the page.
    Hmm danpurchese have you entered it in the catalog configuration that this will be indexed? And have you made an alias for the Items?

regards
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de

New user

i don't know if i can make it here... guyz does any one... knows how to use a google search box insteat the contao search box?