Thread: Site disappears in IE8

User

Default Site disappears in IE8

Hello all

Today, for the second time, my Contao site has stopped rendering at all in IE8. I get a blank home page, with this source:

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML {955246E3-6933-480d-B146-2462CE868767}="true" 
    {F92F6ACC-5E50-4482-BC62-9D8DF61E5A32}="5"><HEAD>
    <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
    <BODY></BODY></HTML>
    Last time it did this (?Saturday), it had reappeared some hours later. It is still gone at the moment after this latest disappearance, however. Firefox renders the home page fine.

Has anyone come across this, and can point me towards an explanation? Alternatively, where should I start looking to debug this?

Thanks

Tom

imported_Nina
    Gast

Default Re: Site disappears in IE8

Hm, you are propably not the only one with this problem (though the first one to mention it with Contao):
    Google search

Maybe this information helps you:
    My problem was caused by a plugin in IE8. After deactivating them one by one, I found out it's a plugin specific to my HP laptop, "Credential Manager for HP Protect Tools" by Bioscrypt, Inc (see attached screenshot). That's problably also the reason why I couldn't find anyone else with the same problem, since it's that specific.

User

Hi Nina

Thanks for the reply. I saw that post, and have already disabled that IE add-on (I am on an HP laptop, yes). However, the problem persists. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Tom

User

Further info. As far as I can tell, disabling that add-on gets rid of the odd GIUDs in the source, leaving just:

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD>
    <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
    <BODY></BODY></HTML>
    Reenabling the add-on returns the GUIDs. I therefore think this is possibly some other underlying problem, and that the add-on simply results in some symptoms not otherwise displayed. There's still some problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tom

User

This is very odd. If I open the page in Firefox, view the source, and save it as a local HTML file, this file opens fine in IE8. But the live page still does not work.

Help!

Tom

User

OK, I've made a bit of progress, but not solved it. In IE, the site works if I browse to mydomain.org, but not if I browse to www.mydomain.org. All other Windows browsers work with either. mydomain.org is an A record, www.mydomain.org is a CNAME record pointing to mydomain.org.

I'll keep looking to see if I can sort the problem, but does this point anyone else towards a solution to this issue? I now presume it's a misconfiguration of Contao by me, but we'll see.

Thanks

Tom

User

Apologies: error reporting was turned off. domain.org gives the following:

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /var/www/vhosts/domain.org/httpdocs/system/modules/isotope/IsotopeProductCollection.php on line 229

Will post in the Isotope forum (where I think they are already sick of me...).

Thanks

Tom