Thread: pk_noobSlide - Show from/Show until

User

Default pk_noobSlide - Show from/Show until

Hi Philipp,

Great extension, I'm using it for a lot of my new sites.

Is it possible to add Show from/Show until functionality to individual noobSlide elements? It would be really handy for a number of my projects.

Thanks, Gary.

User

Default Re: pk_noobSlide - Show from/Show until

Hi Philipp

pk_noobslide now works with ce_startstop, great news!

It would also be great if there was a basic alpha-sine-easein/out option, similar to the Imageslider extension.

Is this possible? If so, I would be interested in sponsoring this development.

Gary.

User

Hi Gary,

have a look at the new ce_slider which has a alpha fading and text based navigation for each element.
    A preloader is also on its way and will be integrated in the next release.

Greetings Sabri

User

Hi Sabri,

ce-slider looks like a great extension. It's the only extension I know of that offers both sliding and fading options, and importantly the start/stop functionality for individual elements.

I have a test example of it here:

http://cms-1.doublespark.eu/ce_slider.html

Appreciate it is still beta, but here is a couple of notes/questions:

• - With a vertical rotation seems to add white between each image, but this disappears as the images scroll up.

- Instead of horizontal and vertical options, it would be good to have left/right and up/down.

- The numbers for each image are taken from the element ID, would be good if the were just 1, 2, & 3 (the order of the elements between the start & stop points.

- In the manual you suggest creating the elements before creating the start and stop. What will happen if one of these elements expires, or a new element is added later?

- Another piece of functionality that would be good for the future is image based buttons, like SlideShow2, see an example here - http://cms-1.doublespark.eu/slideshow2.html

It's a great extension, looks like it will be the swiss army knife of slider/faders, we will make a lot of use of it! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Doublespark
    I have a test example of it here: http://cms-1.doublespark.eu/ce_slider.html
    BTW: Nice, sweet kids!
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Special offer, this month only!!

You can have all 3 for a Euro each, and I'll even buy the flights :D

Thank you, I can do without it! Such a "pleasure" I have already either way repeatedly... :shock: :roll: :evil: :twisted:
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Hi Gary,

thanks for your feedback!

Let me try to answer your points:

1. Have to check where the gap is coming from because it only appears on vertical sliding.

2. I think this won't be need so often but I will see what i can do.

3. Will be changed in for the final release.

4. Because each element of the slider needs to be in a div container, with the same class name
    the slider checksm when saving the startwrapper, which elements are inside the wrapper.
    If it expires it should be no problem, but when you add or delete an element you should save it again.
    So far i don't know a good solution to make it easier but I'm open for other solutions.

5. I think this is possible and maybe added in future.

And yes you have sweet kids and should keep them

User

Never any problem providing feedback!!

It's shaping up in to a great extension, I'll make use of it for a lot of sites so I'm grateful to you.

I hate having to have 4, 5 or 6 fader/slider extensions installed and having to use a different one for different jobs.

ce_slider has the potential to replace all the others, which even just from a training perspective (only having to train users once) is great.

4) Unsure you get around that (I'm great at feed back but not as a developer:-)). It must be possible as other extensions do not require this. Hopefully someone will pitch in with a solution.

Thanks again.