Thread: Allow User to manage Comment Approval

New user

Default Allow User to manage Comment Approval

Hi all,

I have set up my comments to be approved before being published. I would like a one of my User's to be able to log in, to review, edit and publish.

Currently, my User can log in and see the comments, but can not edit or publish as the icons are grayed out.

My only solution is to make this user Admin but I don't want that. All other functions such as News, FAQ, Galleries, etc are accessible and editable, but comments won't allow a User to edit or publish.

What's the magic switch I need to throw?

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,
    James

Experienced user

Default Re: Allow User to manage Comment Approval

Go to Account manager > User groups and edit the group this User belongs to. Within Allowed fields > tl_comments, go ahead and check all 5 of the fields. They can now edit, delete and publish comments.

New user

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I had already checked off those boxes before I had posted. I can see the comments but am not allowed to edit. Not sure if there is another switch to throw.

Thanks

James

Experienced user

If the comments are associated with a News archive, you need to give that user or their group permission to access those archives. If you're talking about comments unassociated with News, such as a standard CE or module, then I'm not sure what the problem could be.

User

I'm having the exact same problem and tried all of the options described here. Any suggestions?

ps, forgot to mention this is TYPOlight 2.8.1, so the problem might have been fixed in later versions. Still, I cannot "just" update as I hang in another piece of php script that might relies on a specific TL part as it is. Let alone the amount of work this could take.. :? So if there is a known fix I'd rather try that!

Experienced user

This is a COMPLETE shot in the dark...

For that user/group, check the box to allow them to "Edit files in the source editor" (under file operation permissions).

It sounds crazy (and probably is), but it has fixed similarly wonky permissions issues for me in the past.
    Brian