Thread: How to add page? Simple right? No way ...

New user

Default How to add page? Simple right? No way ...

Hi,

I followed the introduction video. In there I see a link 'Modules' where he adds header, main and footer modules.

But I don't see that link anywhere in my installation. I've only got Themes, Site structure and Templates.

How do I add the first page to this system? And why isn't there one there to begin with (as in WordPress), they claim this is a page based system, so why not add a page to start from?

Experienced user

Default Re: How to add page? Simple right? No way ...

Themes now contains CSS, Modules and Page Layouts as of Contao 2.9.

New user

Man, I tried your online version to see if I could find Modules anywhere. I couldn't. And the system changed to GERMAN after i added a new theme.

This is NOT a way to sell confidence and stability to the end user. I think I'll be better off looking for another Open Source CMS.

But, thanks for trying.

Experienced user

ok. bye. :D

User

@svendelle You should persevere, Contao is the best CMS I have come across in over 10 years of web development. Don't get frustrated with the online demo changing to German, take the time to install yourself, you will find it's time well spent!

There is room for improvement with the online demo, I recently lost a client that had been with me for 3+ years. They wanted a CMS and we pitched against one other company. They pitched Joomla we pitched Contao.

Before we had a chance to set up a formal demo of Contao, they had been on to the demo site, had a play with forms as that was one of the areas of functionality they would be using the most. Before they could finish, the demo swapped to German. They left in frustration.

I offered to set up a specific demo site for them, but they had a closed mind at this point, and went the Joomla route.

Moving forward Contao does really need 2 demo sites, one in German and one in English.

User

Yeah the online demo definitely made it difficult to try it out as it has that issue :? . But, I have to tell you, being someone that has never done web design, web building, or programming, I've found Contao to be extremely easy to use. I just picked up on it about 3 months ago and by the first few weeks, I can make a simple webpage with no problems. Most of my questions are usually on styling and CSS than it is on the Contao core functions. You'll find that it's definitely simpler than Drupal, and MUCH easier to navigate than Joomla. Also love the one installation for multiple sites. Makes backup and updating so much easier.