Thread: Checkout steps order problem

Experienced user

Default Checkout steps order problem

For uploading files it would be easiest if customers can complete that step after payment. Might anything in that part fail they will have completed the important parts of the order and can attempt upload at a later time or contact the vendor. I tried adding a step at the very end, but payment takes place even after this.

The only solution I can see right now is to require customers to register and direct them to their order overview adding the upload logic there? Any other options?

Edit: I'm not getting anywhere; the order history is hard to write an extension for that just plugs in to provide a new page. The order details page sort of has the same problem. I'd like some advice!

Default Re: Checkout steps order problem

What about instead of a checkout step, you turn the upload into a module that gets added to the order-complete page and can check via the uniqid of the order (in the URL's querystring) to display the upload form or not?

That's one thought... If you want it to be able to validate outside of the checkout process I think that might be the only way...

Experienced user

Default Re: Checkout steps order problem

I'm going to add a message that leads directly to the order details page I'm making. Thanks for the tip, I was wondering if it was easy to add a message with the correct link!