Thread: Front End Error

Experienced user

Default Front End Error

On this website, I get tons of errors relating to content not found. However, the page in question is on the system, as a page-not-found page and does exist. Why does Contao say it doesn't exist? It's also specified in the .htaccess and I have language fallback enabled and also en as the default language (as normal). What am I missing here?

System Log entries (4000+)
    Code:
    ID:	213944
    Date:	2011-06-21 11:34
    Origin:	Front end
    Category:	ERROR
    User:	
    Details:	No active page for page ID "page-not-found", host "adventurebookings.co.za" and languages "" (http://www.adventurebookings.co.za/page-not-found)
    Function:	PageError404 generate()
    IP address:	146.230.128.30
    Browser:	Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Experienced user

Default Re: Front End Error

The code you show is a log entry that is always added whenever a 404 page is displayed at the frontend. So when you access a page that is set as 404 this is shown in the log. From the page id I'm guessing you opened the 404 page directly? If I open my error pages I get the exact same log entry, as do I when I open pages that actually do not exist (same entry, different page id in the message) (But I just know you knew this already, this was just to clarify)

Just some stupid things to check. Did you happen to create a root page, and added a domain? Also, do you get the error yourself, or are these just log entries you notice?

I see you removed the .html extension?? Might that have something to do with it?? Can you check the other messages for the .html...

New user

Default Re: Front End Error

thyon, sorry for offtop but I see some bugs on adventurebookings.co.za. Please, see this screenshot.

Browser Opera 11.11.