Thread: Use paragraphs to generate new lines removed from 2.10

User

Default Use paragraphs to generate new lines removed from 2.10

Use paragraphs to generate new lines - This used to be a setting that would create
    tags instead of

in the tinymce. Now, it looks like this option is no longer available in version 2.10. Is there a different way we should do this now? Is this a direct edit to the tinymce config files now?

Any help would be appreciated. I like turning this feature off in the older versions of TL because the paragraph tags are too limiting if you only want a 1-line return in TinyMce.

New user

Default Re: Use paragraphs to generate new lines removed from 2.10

Do you know you can use Shift + Enter to generate a
    line break (in stead of Enter for a

break) ?

User

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know that you could do that. I think that's an acceptable way to do it for me, but I have a lot of clients who use the system every few weeks to make edits. They're not continual users so I know this shortcut would become an issue.

User

and by continual, I mean they don't use it everyday. Generally they'll get in there and make updates everytime they need to which could be weeks at a time. The problem I could see happening is that they forget what the short cut is and I'm answering emails about this every few weeks.

It's not a huge issue, I just liked the way it worked before with the option. Does anyone know if there is a way to control this in the tinyMce config files?

Experienced user

http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/Configu ... r_newlines

Ironically, I did the opposite a while ago -- I like forcing the paragraphs...

Also, if it's any consolation, the shift+enter thing is actually pretty common -- not just specific to TinyMCE. It has a similar behavior in most programs where you edit text or code -- like Word.

So not as obscure as you might think.
    Brian

Experienced user

I'm with Medianomaly on this one, but the trick is getting the client to understand why we need paragraphs.

One change you can also make (besides configure it in TinyMCE) is setting the bottom margin/padding of the paragrahs to 0. That makes the new paragraph display as if it where a normal break.

User

Thanks for all the help and input. I should make one of these examples work for my situation.