Thread: automatic update to 2.10 failed

New user

Default automatic update to 2.10 failed

I activated the automatic update function to upgrade Contao from 2.9.5 to 2.10. I have used the update function many times before (every update since 2.7) without any problem.
    This time things went wrong. After I hit "proceed"on the first page (where the update function backs up the old files), the procedure resulted to a blank screen. Ever since, the website is no longer accessible. Both the front and back ends return a blank screen, as does install.php.
    I checked out the constants.php file in the /system map, as suggested in the announcement for Contao 2.10, to change the version/build back to 2.9.5, but these parameters were still set at that value, hence there was nothing I could change.

I have no clue How to proceed from here.
    The URL is www.Coticule.be

Thanks,
    Bart.

Experienced user

Default Re: automatic update to 2.10 failed

Can you add the following line to the end of localconfig.php and see if error messages show up?

$GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['displayErrors'] = true;

You can post the message here and then undo the change...

New user

Thank you Ruud,

I have turned ['displayErrors'] to true, but that did not result in error messages. The browser just loads a blank screen. It's not a time out. This is the same for the backend and the install tool as well. As if nothing's there, but when I check the files on the server (it's a Plesk type of hosting), I can see all the Contao files and directories. There is a zip-file with the date of today, which I presume contains the back-up made by Contao when it ran the update task.

Bart.

New user

If I run your contao-check then i see that a lot of files are corrupt or missing.
    I suggest you do a manual update using FTP.

New user

Yes, I uploaded the check for 2.10 yesterday and noticed a lot of corrupt and missing files.
    I'll try to reinstall manually and see if that fixes the problem. Otherwise, I'll have to revert back to 2.9 I'm afraid.

Thank you,
    Bart.