Thread: error message

New user

Default error message

Hey there,

Since I changed in my backend the "title of the website" (SYSTEM-> SETTINGS) (sorry i'm not sure about the right terms here because i use my backend in german), I get following error message when trying to go into my backend:

An error occurred while executing this script!
    1. If you are a Contao user, contact the administrator of your website.
    2. Open file system/logs/error.log and search for a corresponding entry.
    3. Open file system/config/localconfig.php and add the following line:

$GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['displayErrors'] = true;

4. Read the Contao FAQs or visit the Contao support page.

I also tried number 3 ($GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['displayErrors'] = true, then i got this information:

#0 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/contao/system/libraries/FTP.php(165): FTP->connect()
    #1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/contao/system/libraries/File.php(107): FTP->fopen('system/scripts/...', 'wb')
    #2 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/contao/system/libraries/Combiner.php(163): File->__construct('system/scripts/...')
    #3 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/contao/system/modules/backend/templates/be_login.html5(11): Combiner->getCombinedFile()
    #4 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/contao/system/libraries/Template.php(246): include('/Applications/X...')
    #5 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/contao/system/modules/backend/BackendTemplate.php(49): Template->parse()
    #6 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/contao/system/modules/backend/BackendTemplate.php(153): BackendTemplate->parse()
    #7 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/contao/contao/index.php(129): BackendTemplate->output()
    #8 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/contao/contao/index.php(138): Index->run()
    #9 {main}

Unfortunately, I'm quite a newbie and don't know what to do with this information.
    Has someone an idea?
    I would really appreciate your help! thanks in advance.
    best wishes, thessi

Experienced user

Default Re: error message

Some of your FTP setup is incorrect. Could be any of the settings, for example; username, password, server, ftp path.